Why Cat Needs Everyday Visits | 为什么猫咪需要每天照料 OHMYCAT宠保姆
With our cat sitting experience with hundreds of kitties since OHMYCAT was set up 3 years ago, I’m impressed by how sweet and loving furry kitties can be, meanwhile so shocked by those dangerous accidents they can be involved in and their mischievous behaviors when they are left alone.
• No matter what time, where, or how, sometimes accident just happens. To lower the possibilities or minimize the consequence of accident, it’s crucial to make sure that you have someone professional, well trained and experienced checks on them and their living environment at least on daily basis.
• We understand some owners are budget conscious, thinking about cheap (or free) pet care solutions – hiring a pet sitterevery other day or even more just to make sure of food, water and othersurvival supplies, or maybe looking for a favor from a friend living nearby or house cleaner.
• We can even understand some owners embrace modern marketplaces, checking on social networking sites to find a individual pet sitter, hoping everything is set all by quick clicks.
• We urge you to stop and read through this article to get some understanding that why your cat needs daily visits from professional pet sitters. Here we’d like to share with you some of the unexpected accidents we had experienced before:
• 我们理解有些宠主想省钱，希望找到更便宜或者免费的宠物托管方式：比如每两天或者更久找人过来照看一次确保基本生存需要的水、食物等 。或者找附近的朋友、保洁阿姨帮忙 。
This is a super athletic kitty. Unfortunately she hit her head hard on furniture/wall when she was playing/running alone at home. Our pet sitter spotted her unusual eye movement and stiff rear limbs right on arrival and rushed her immediately to the vet. She fully recovered from the head trauma after a week of treatment in the hospital.
• We cannot imagine what would happen if no one visits her on that day!
This kitty is the most outgoing one among his big family; he usually waits at the door looking for cuddling upon the pet sitter’s arrival. That day he didn’t show up at the door for his greeting routine, on the contrary the pet sitter found him lying in his bed quietly. When it came to the food time, all kitties rushed to the food as usual besides him - he could walk but slightly crippled. After evaluating the situation the pet sitter got in touch with the owner, and both agreed to take him to the vet tomorrow. Next day, when the pet sitter was ready to take him to vet, the kitty was back to normal with no symptom any more. But we insisted on the necessity of a check up even he looked well for now. And surprisingly he was in fever and the reason of it was a mystery. He recovered after several days of medication.
• A pet sitter pays close attention to pet’s behavior everyday, its important to spot the unusual behavior change at the very beginning, as it might be the first sign of sickness.
This kitty was spotted spending long time in litter box at the beginning of our visit. The pet sitter suspected that he might suffer from FLUTD (Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease) related disease and informed the owner suggesting a vet visit even he still looked well in general besides the long urination. During the communication, the owner thought it might be the consequence of separation anxiety since they found the same problem with the kitty before in previous trips and they preferred to wait bit more. After a week, blood appeared in kitty’s urine, the pet sitter took him immediately to the vet. He had been having bladder infection for quite a long time. The kitty was kept in the hospital for treatment and recovered after half month.
• What Can Happen If a Cat's Lower urinary Tract Problems Go Untreated?
Untreated urinary problems can cause partial or complete obstruction of the urethra, preventing a cat from urinating. This is a real medical emergency that can very quickly lead to kidney failure and/or rupture of the bladder, and can prove fatal if the obstruction is not relieved right away.
Turning on stove, faucet or doorknob; or too long nails stuck in nose...
Yes we had experienced them all!!
When you are working on your pet care solution for your holiday, do concern about the risk of gambling your pet’s safety with possibilities if they are left alone unsupervised for a relatively long time. We suggest you to have a pet sitter popping up at least everyday to check on everything related to your pet’s health and safety. In addition, all pet owners will receive a checklist from OHMYCAT as guidance to prepare your best home pet-proof step by step. It will help to minimize most of the accident possibilities that we experienced before if owners carefully follow it up.
Find locally hired only, professional and well trained pet sitters in OHMYCAT. Our pet sitters and management team are devoted to offering your pet the best care when you are away.
We love animals and we love what we do. Check out our website for client reference and service details, or contact our customer service to book right now!